Dreamy or dreary?
Here is our second week of POTW! Since here in Denver it was so gray, and rainy all day, it made me yearn for a little spring color – which is unusual for me since my favorite palettes are definitely neutrals.
I loved mixing textures, and finding pillows in similar color tones, with different shades of brightness. By using a pillow featuring typography right up front, it acts as a clear focal point, and other patterns and textures can be the background players.
I used one bright yellow to establish the vividness of the whole palette, but I kept this spring color away from the bright neons of the summer or the jewel tones of the fall and winter. I love the soft color and how it draws all of these different patterns, textures, and feels together.
- PB Teen / Find Your Bliss Pillow
- ATG Stores / Surya Kilim Pillow / Red/Orange
- Joss & Main / Wyatt Embroidered Pillow
- Aelfie / Yellow Fellow
- Curio & Curio / Feather Trellis / Mint
- Target / Cream Color Block Square Throw Pillow
- World Market / Flower and Leaf Velvet Printed Lumbar
Colorful and bright, to make gray rainy days a little brighter!